For me, the Subtle Mind practice is harder than that Loving Kindness practice. I know that the former is longer so that might be one of the reasons; getting my mind to settle for that long is challenging for me. But I will say that I really like what the Subtle Mind practice emphasizes. The witnessing mind is awesome in my opinion. I do not get to that place every time I practice but I do get there occasionally and I really enjoy it.
As far as spiritual wellness to mental and physical wellness, I am sick right now so physical wellness wise I am struggling. But I am managing to stay positive. Mentally, I feel clearer but I don't know if that is because I finally feel that I am getting in my grove with my 4 classes or what. (week 5! I'm running a little behind on catching my grove, but it's all good). And spiritually, I rekindled my connection with my higher power a few years ago and feel like it just keeps getting better. So, overall, I am well! :)
Thanks for reading!
Janena
First I would say that one cannot get the mind to settle. For me it is more paying attention to it, seeing it, you know, the witnessed part. Sort of like a pat on the head then turn away. I find anything else turns into a conversation.
ReplyDeleteI agree it is more work letting something just be that doing something about it.
I like the idea of not having to get somewhere, and am constantly reminded the practice is just that, a repeated process of doing something over and over; bringing the mind back to what I choose, in this instance, the breath.
Four classes; I would be sick too (kidding). I have found these practices very helpful in staying organized, focusing and concentrating. Hope they do the same for you.
Your blog helps me appreciate taking only two classes. And, that I am not the only one that has a different outcome with different sittings.
You are welcome, I enjoyed your blog, it was clear, concise and to the point.
Charles
Hey Janena,
ReplyDeleteI think it is great that you are able to grasp the witnessing mind! It takes discipline and patience with myself to get there as well and sometimes I cannot get there but I keep going and every time It gets better! I do hope you feel better soon and I hope we all get into that groove!
Have a great week!
Anthony
Janena, seems you've given this a lot of thought and that is commendable. You sound a bit anxious and I would only say that you're getting there and in your getting remember to be kind to yourself. We are our worst critics and life is hard enough without us being too hard on self, allow yourself some compassion, it will be easier when you begin your practice to do it for others. Forgive yourself, chill out and when it is time what is necessary will happen.
ReplyDelete