- Based on your reflections, and on a scale of 1 to 10 (ten being optimal wellbeing), where do you rate your A-physical wellbeing, B-spiritual well-being, C-psychological well-being? Why?
I would rate my A-physical wellbeing as a 8. I am a vegetarian and I work out regularly (about 5 times a week), so I feel my physical wellbeing in being tended to. I would rate my B-spiritual well-being as a 9. I am very connected to my higher power and for that I am grateful. I would rate my C-psychological well-being as a 9 as well. I do what I need to maintain my psychological wellbeing. I am very mindful of it.
- Develop a goal for yourself in each area (physical, spiritual, psychological).
A goal for my physical would be to do more yoga. I love yoga and I could practice more. A goal for my spiritual would be to just to work to be even closer to my higher power. A goal for my psychological would be to meditate more. One can always meditate more! :)
- What activities or exercise can you implement in your life to assist in moving toward each goal?
As far as yoga and meditating, I do as much as I can now. I am a single mother of two and am taking 4 classes. I am lucky to be able to practice as much as I do.:) As for being closer to my higher power, I need to take a few more minutes a day and make contact with him. Completely doable.
- Complete the relaxation exercise The Crime of the Century. To hear this exercise, click here. Describe your experience. (What it beneficial? Frustrating? etc.)
I did like the exercise. I was not frustrated by it at all. I enjoyed the rainbow analogy and liked the white light encompassing us at the end.
Nicely done, Janena. You do sound like you have it together, and it makes me kind of jealous. :)Taking care of children alone is a daunting task in itself. I am also a yoga practitioner and find it to be very helpful not only with physical health but with my mental wellbeing. In order to further my practice, I became a certified instructor, a very basic level certification but one that has helped me in my desire to work with beginners and older adults who feel intimidated by the practice. My goal is to show others that it is do-able and that depending on what kind of practice you participate in, it can help your life in many ways. I think you might consider this maybe when you have completed your studies, there are many different certification bodies and schools. Check it out!
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed reading your post. Your life reminds me much of my own. I too am a single mother with two children and I practice yoga and meditation. Life is extremely demanding for women like us and the best way to keep our lives together is by caring for ourselves as well as others. I find that the more consistent I am about nurturing my wellbeing, the better I can care for others.
ReplyDeleteJanena,
ReplyDeleteGood for you! So you already practice yoga and meditate regularly? Is this something you have done for a long time? I must be missing out on something pretty amazing since this seems to work so well for others too. I have never had any interest in yoga, but then I have never tried it either. I have always been curious about meditation, but I have never looked into how one goes about learning to meditate. I could use so much improvement in all three areas, so I believe you are on to something! Thank you for sharing.